Adam Copeland wanted to get Gangrel back in the mix with WWE, even if it was brief.

The former Edge spoke with Chris Van Vliet on Insight and gave a little "insight" as to him bringing back the notorious Brood entrance for WWE Day 1 2022. Copeland made the play to get Gangrel to rise back up alongside him much akin to the Attitude Era, but revealed that idea was shot down by WWE.

"So this isn't a knock on WWE, but I'd always get the, 'Well nobody remembers.' People remember, wrestling fans remember and I think wrestling fans want to be rewarded for remembering. And that's a way to reward them. That's what I've always felt."

Copeland cited the recent return of Matt Cardona to AEW who challenged Adam for his TNT Championship on an episode of AEW Collision. Copeland knows that fans remember Cardona's time as an 'Edge Head' and it was a way to bring something special back for the audience. However, he just couldn't get WWE behind bringing back Gangrel, the original leader of The Brood.

"That was one I just kept getting shut down. I realized, okay, that was not a hill to die on because it didn't get to happen. It’s not my sandbox, I got to do with what I’ve been given."

Gangrel did happen to show up for The Young Bucks' entrance back when they were feuding with The Hardys so the possibility of The Brood boiling up certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility. Copeland could use some extra help as he continues to feud with House of Black in build to Double or Nothing in Las Vegas.