Nyla Rose is 'angry' that the state of Oklahoma inadvertently turned her into a babyface after fans rallied behind her due to the state's anti-trans attitude.

In April 2024, AEW was warned by Dr. Larry Lovelace not to use Rose or any other transgender wrestler in matches and said that action would be taken if this occurred. This came after Rose was part of a taping for Ring of Honor programming that took place in the Sooner State. Rose has faced women in AEW since arriving in the promotion in 2019 and she is a former AEW Women's World Champion.

In response to Lovelace's warning, Tony Khan, wrestlers, and fans stood by Rose despite the threat of further action being taken. On the latest edition of Close Up, Rose found it funny that this situation has turned her into a beloved babyface.

“I was frustrated because it forced me to turn baby [laughs]. I had some very evil plans on the table and everybody was so nice and loving and accepting that I had no choice. Evil cloak has been put away for a while, I owe you guys because you were so good to me.”

Rose has become a babyface according to AEW programming in the wake of Lovelace's warning. During the June 19, edition of AEW Dynamite, she made her entrance from the babyface tunnel for her match in the Owen Hart Foundation Women's Tournament. While she didn't win her match, Rose will continue to appear for AEW and ROH in spite of the threat from the Sooner State.