WWE Superstars join the promotion from all walks of life, with some coming from an athletic background in an entirely different sport. Delicious Orie has already established himself in the world of professional boxing, and the Olympian is interested in taking the WWE by storm.

Speaking to the Daily Star, Orie, who competed in this year’s Summer Olympics in Paris, shared his love for pro wrestling after attending the September 24, edition of WWE NXT.

“I started watching it when I moved to the UK. I used to watch the likes of John Cena, The Undertaker while there was the odd appearance from the older legends like Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels. Me and my friends would do the moves.”

Orie added that it was “crazy” to get the chance to meet Michaels at WWE NXT’s final show on the USA Network, and was also pleased to meet Booker T. When asked about a potential future in WWE, Orie shared that it is something

“It’s something we could think about. I want to be an inspiration for people. I know wrestling would increase my profile so much and I want to be a global star. That’s the aim, to be known all over the world.“

Orie represented Great Britain in this year’s Summer Olympics and while he didn’t take home a medal, he’s seen plenty of success. In the 2022 Commonwealth Games, Orie took home gold in Birmingham when representing England and again won gold in last year’s European Games in Kraków and Ma?opolska, Poland.

WWE’s first Olympic Gold Medalist was Kurt Angle who had an incredible career from 1999 to 2006 which included five reigns as a WWE World Champion. It wouldn’t be until 2021 that WWE signed its second gold medalist, Gable Steveson, though his underwhelming WWE run ended this year. Currently, Tyra Mae Steele, aka Tamyra Mensah Stock, has been honing her skills at WWE NXT live events as well as on NXT Level Up.

Chad Gable competed at the 2012 Summer Games in London, England, before turning his attention to the world of pro wrestling and debuting in WWE NXT three years later. Clearly, WWE has become a hotbed for Olympians looking to forge a new chapter, and could Delicious Orie be next? Time will tell…